Happy Labor Day……..
Mon. Sept 3, 2012…… Top of the morning to you, wish you a happy and enjoyable Labor Day holiday. Looks like it is a potentially soggy forecast, we’ve had some pretty significant thunderstorms all over the mountains, foothills, and Piedmont. We had some pretty heavy rains here in Summerfield,NC, over an inch in fact. That is pretty much the forecast for the next couple of days. I am guiding a trip on the North Holston in Virginia, guiding Malcolm Finlayson and Chip Chesheir, Raleigh, NC, and we’ll be fishing for smallmouth. Looking forward to a good outing , looks like we’ll be dealing to some degree with the remnants of Hurricane Isaac. Hopefully the heaviest of rains will hold off til we are done…..we’ll see.
Here’s some information on the new app available from VA Dept of Game and Inland Fisheries:
The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ new app for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android is perfect for:
- getting the latest news from VDGIF;
- looking up hunting regulations, seasons, and bag limits while in the field;
- viewing freshwater fishing regulations and state record fish;
- identifying the fish you just caught;
- getting the sunrise and sunset times for your location;
- recording your trophy harvests;
- finding nearby boat ramps, Wildlife Management Areas, and lakes;
- and more!
Best of all, it’s absolutely FREE!
Hopefully you will find the app useful as we have. Its great to see tax dollars and license revenues being used to support the outdoorsmen in Virginia. As time goes on we’ll probably see more and more stuff influenced by the technology age we live in.
Have a great Labor Day…..!
Posted via the Web with WordPress 3.3